Guidelines for Authors
Journal of Agriculture, Forestry and Environmental Sciences (JAFES) is a peer reviewed refereed bi-monthly journal that publishes quality manuscripts to foster the exchange of applied science research among the Agriculture, Forestry and Environmental Sciences domains of researchers and academics throughout the world. It also aims to stimulate discourse on emerging research paradigms and fosters networking within various research groups. Journal of Agriculture, Forestry and Environmental Sciences (JAFES) is published on the 5th of every second month. It aims to be a well-recognized International research journal in various fields of Agriculture, Forestry and Environmental Sciences research.
The other objective of the Journal is to disseminate knowledge, which ensures good practice of professional research and reflections relevant to academicians. Journal of Agriculture, Forestry and Environmental Sciences (JAFES) enjoys an international network of professionals, academicians, researchers, thinkers, educationists, subscribers and readership base.
Journal of Agriculture, Forestry and Environmental Sciences (JAFES) appreciates innovative and evolutionary contemplation over popular research ethics, differing from the humdrum bulk of monotonous content. Journal of Agriculture, Forestry and Environmental Sciences (JAFES) focuses on publishing quality research manuscripts on diverse areas of Agriculture, Forestry and Environmental Sciences and research areas such as:
- Agriculture biology and plant protection
- Agriculture Economics and Agribusiness Management
- Agriculture Extension and Organizational management
- Agriculture mechanization and postharvest Technology
- Agronomy and Crop Sciences
- Animal Production, health and Hygiene
- Biodiversity and Agro biodiversity
- Climate change and Agriculture
- Computational Methods and Statistic for Agriculture
- Energy, alternative energy and waste Resource management
- Food Science and Nutrition
- Food security and Food systems
- Forestry and Agro forestry
- Geo-informatics in Agriculture
- Green Agriculture
- Horticulture and Landscape Architecture
- Nanotechnology and Nano-agriculture
- Selection and improvement of plants and animals
- Soil, water and Management
- Agriculture and rural development
- Information Technology, Automation and Precision Farming
- weed control and crop protection
- Robotics and new technologies
- Planning and fleet management
- Emerging issues in precision agriculture and forestry
Submission of an article implies that the work described has not been published previously (except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture or academic thesis), that it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere, that its publication is approved by all authors and tacitly or explicitly by the responsible authorities where the work was carried out, and that, if accepted, will not be published elsewhere in the same form, in English or in any other language, without the written consent of the Publisher. The Editors reserve the right to edit or otherwise alter all contributions, but authors will receive proofs for approval before publication.
The Journal will accept only papers written in English. Contributors should be aware that the Journal is intended for an international audience. National colloquialisms and idiomatic use of language should be avoided. Terms used for local contexts should be clearly explained.
It is the author's responsibility to obtain written permission to quote or reproduce material that has appeared in another publication. This includes both copyright and ownership rights, e.g. photographs, illustrations, trade literature and data.
Contributions are accepted on the strict understanding that the author is responsible for the accuracy of all the contents of the published material. The Editorial Board does not accept any liability for the accuracy of articles. The Journal does not accept responsibility for mistakes, be they editorial or typographical, nor for consequences resulting from them.
Copyrights for articles are retained by the authors, with first publication rights granted to the journal. The journal is not responsible for subsequent uses of the work. It is the author's responsibility to bring an infringement action if so desired by the author.
The journals have a policy of “Zero Tolerance on the Plagiarism”. We check the issue with two methods: plagiarism prevention software and reviewer check. All submissions will be checked by anti-plagiarism software before sending to reviewers.
The authors authorize the publisher to archive the article into databases and indexes (such as EBSCO, DOAJ, ProQuest), and permit the publisher to apply DOI to the article.
Manuscripts are required to be submitted online on firstname.lastname@example.org. Manuscripts submitted through any other way will out-rightly be rejected. The Journal publishes manuscripts whose length must be between 2,000 and 6,000 words. Shorter or longer manuscripts will be considered at the discretion of the Editor.
- The manuscript should be in MS-Word format with double-spaced, font size 12 in Times New Roman on ‘A4” Paper with 1” margins all sides.
- Footnotes and endnotes should be avoided.
- Acronyms should be clearly expressed at the end of the manuscript.
- Quotations should be included in the main text enclosed in single quotation marks.
- Authors are responsible for preparing a manuscript with a clear written grammar and punctuation. Neither the Editor nor the Publisher is responsible for correcting errors of spelling and grammar.
- Two or more referees review all contributions. The review process takes its own time. It is mandatory to mention a valid email address with content submitted online. Eduved will acknowledge the receipt of your paper by email and a manuscript ID will be issued to the corresponding author.
- Every manuscript should be labeled as being:
- Research paper
- Case study
- Book review
- Conference report
- Tables should be numbered consecutively. The title of the table should be placed above the table. The source should be indicated at the bottom. Please provide table(s) as real table (s) with rows, columns and cells. Each piece of information should reside in its own cell.
- Figures should be numbered consecutively. Wherever necessary, the source should be indicated at the bottom. The figures should also be given relevant titles.
- All tables, charts, graphs, diagrams should be black and not in color. The images should be of high resolution and in black and white only. Number and complexity of such exhibits should be as low as possible. All charts and graphs should be drawn legibly and figures should be indicated in millions and billions.
- Authors can use the paper template provided in the website to write their manuscripts.
- Manuscripts not accepted for publication will not be sent back to contributors. Contributors whose papers are accepted or rejected will be informed by email only.
Details to be put on the first page of the manuscript
- The author’s name;
- Title (author, e.g. Professor, Dr., Mr.);
- Affiliation and address of the institution;
- Address for correspondence;
- Telephone number;
* In the case of co-authors, the same details should be included for each author. All correspondence will be sent to the first named author, unless otherwise indicated.
The abstract should appear on the second page. It must include:
- Title of the article;
- Abstract in English (mandatory); between 200-300 words;
- 3-5 keywords
References, citations, and general style of manuscripts for the Journal should follow the APA style (as outlined in the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association, 4th ed., 1994). References should be placed in alphabetical order.
Submissions which do not adhere to these requirements will not be considered for review and will be returned.
- After a paper is received, it is sent to the subject matter expert for blind review
- Manuscripts are judged on the basis of the following criteria:
- Overall contribution of the paper to the subject area
- Significance and relevance of the research
- Originality of the content
- Adequacy of the literature review
- Conceptual rigor
- Logical and technical soundness
- Organization of the content
- Writing quality
- The editor reserves the right to accept or refuse an article for publication without assigning any reasons.
- After the review process is completed, the authors will be informed about the decision of the reviewers by email.
AFTER PAPER IS ACCEPTED FOR PUBLICATION
- If the paper is accepted for publication, the authors will be informed by email about the acceptance.
- If the paper is accepted for publication, the authors are required to pay Manuscript Processing Fee of INR 1500. The Manuscript Processing Fee for International authors is USD 50. In case of more than one author, each author has to pay INR 500 (Indian author) and USD 25 (International author).
- An electronic version of the manuscript in MS-Word would be required once the paper is accepted for publication.
- Each author of the paper will have to sign the Copyright Agreement Form and the scanned copy of this form has to be submitted to the Editorial Office of EDUVED
- Copyright of published articles will rest with EDUVED.
- The final draft is subject to editorial amendments to suit the journal’s requirements.